[ExI] Uploading cautions, "Speed Up"

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 24 16:18:06 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>...then I could do simulations without anyone finding out, even if it were
illegal. You just can't make something illegal when so many people will want
to do it... -Kelly

Kelly that might be loosely analogous to when the south had slavery but the
north wanted it to be illegal.  Or when Nazi Germany had slavery, and most
of the rest of Europe wanted it illegal.  If we apply those very loose
analogies to the notion of creating self-copies, we can anticipate a war
between those who would disallow vs those who will enthusiastically embrace
self-replication.  I can imagine a huge advantage for those who self-copy.