[ExI] Fwd: Book- "It's OK to Die"

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:50:00 UTC 2011

> I am sharing this with the list...
>
> John
>
> It's OK to Die, available for purchase at our website
>
> www.oktodie.com
>
> The book is filled with graphic stories from the ER illustrating how
> most Americans are unpreppared for the one that will happen to us all:
> death.
>
> We argue that at the end of a long life, or at the end of a terminal
> illness, that it can be "ok to die" in a peaceful and natural fashion,
> not hooked up to tubes, wires and beeping monitors in an ICU.

I'm hopeful that these guys mean well, and they're not just trying to make a buck off of end-of-life issues. However, IMHO, "irreversible" death is never an okay decision.

As a cryonicist, I have the opposite of a DNR. I have executed a medical directive that says to take every possible measure to extend my life, and only if that's not possible, or if my brain is in immediate danger of rapid deterioration, then to call Alcor and move me to a state that allows assisted suicide, so Alvor can begin cryopreservation under as optimal conditions, as possible.

Best regards,
James