[ExI] how did high heels happen?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 28 01:10:57 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] how did high heels happen?

>.Looking at high heels is like looking at sculpture --  Blanco Manolo,
Jimmy Cho, Prada YSL !!..

OK.  Natasha, I am glad you responded to this.  You have that aesthetic art
thing going.  To me, high heels look like a sculpture of a torture device.

>. Looking at a leg in high heels is aesthetically pleasing.

It just looks painful to me.  Perhaps I am overthinking it.

>.  Wearing high heels feels sexy.

This is exactly where I was going.  I have long had a notion that those
kinds of shoes are auto-erotic somehow.  I am trying to figure out what is
the hetero male counterpart.  All I can come up with is good sturdy work
boots.  They feel manly as all get out.  I wouldn't expect women to find
them sexy, or seeing a man in those shoes sexy, but when I wear them, it
speaks to the reptilian core of my brain.

Understanding that we have a reptilian cortex does not mean we stop having
one.

>.Not all high heels are uncomfortable. I have a pair of Softt 3" heels that
are more comfortable than my gym shoes.

OK again.  I am not claiming any expertise in this area.  My bride doesn't
wear them, never has.  But watching old movies this week, I noted that
Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did, except backwards in high
heels.

Ja.  We know this child isn't doing this for height.  She is taller than
average, but would prefer to be petite.  Looking at her genetic makeup, it
is unlikely she will be less than about 5 ft 9 inches (Europeans and others
who use a sensible system of measure, this is nearly 2 sigma tall for women.

>.Stop worrying about this.  Be glad that she isn't asking for a set of jock
straps.   Natasha

Oddly enough, if she were a jock, this particular family would likely have
been more comfortable than if she has displayed these girly girl tendencies
this young.  They are sports types, not fashion types.  We don't know where
these particular genes came from.  But I can assure you, this child has an
eye for fashion.  She knows way more about it at age 6 than I do at 51.