[ExI] how did high heels happen?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:24:23 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 <natasha at natasha.cc>

> Looking at high heels is like looking at sculpture --  Blanco Manolo,
> Jimmy Cho, Prada YSL !! Looking at a leg in high heels is aesthetically
> pleasing.  Wearing high heels feels sexy.
>
> Not all high heels are uncomfortable. I have a pair of Softt 3" heels that
> are more comfortable than my gym shoes.

While extremely high heels may be uncomfortable, one wonders whether the
postural effects of reasonable heels are so bad as many claim.

Personally I never tried going around in stiletto pumps -), but wearing a
pair of cow-boy boots with 2.5 cm heels I am even more at ease, especially
if I am standing rather than walking or running, than wearing perfectly
flat soles.

After all, we have been standing on the balls of our feet for most of our
evolutionary history... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj