[ExI] future of warfare again, was: RE: Forking

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 30 21:44:24 UTC 2011

>...] On Behalf Of Keith Henson

>...I have no problem with a population larger even vastly larger than the
current one, provided the economy stays ahead of the population growth.  If
it fails to do so, falling income per capita is what turns on the
psychological mechanisms leading to wars.  (Google "evolutionary psychology
memes and the origin of war")...Keith

Keith how does it work in evolutionary psychology as warfare evolves to the
point where it involves fewer and fewer people, and far fewer actual
injuries or death?  We are seeing what amounts to warfare between Iran and
the US/Britain/Israel axis.  Drones are flying over and being apparently
commandeered and captured, viruses are wrecking their nuclear separation
facilities, plenty of computerized struggle is reportedly ongoing, but most
of the population is unaware and unconcerned.  So different is this from
every previous war in every previous century of human existence.  Are the
old rules still applicable?  What if military aerospace professionals and
politicians worry about their own personal fortunes?  Can that subset go off
and wage warfare without harming everyone else for instance?