[ExI] Oxford scientists edge toward quantum PC with 10b qubits.

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 02:13:44 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 08:09 AM, spike wrote:

> [...]

The Eliza chatbot was very engaging for a lot of students once upon a
time.  You don't need full AGI to keep an oldster happily
reliving/sharing memories and more entertained than a TV can provide.
Add emotion interfaces and much much better chat capabilities than Eliza
had.  Eventually add more real AI modules as they become available.   A
cat will be more cuddly and humans much more fun to talk to for a
longish time.  But there is a definite spot in-between that we can just
about do something that will be appreciated.

- samantha