[ExI] needing help on a tech project

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 13:14:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM, John Grigg  wrote:
> I have a science fiction con founder/organizer friend who has asked me
> to transcribe a couple dozen con panel DV camcorder recordings onto a
> computer.  I am dumbfounded that he would ask me to volunteer for such
> a task, but I do want to help him (he is not very tech savvy).
>
> I would think we need to first convert the DV tapes into dvd or flash
> format and then upload it into a computer, where the appropriate (and
> hopefully not too expensive) software could first scan it and then do
> a competent transcription.
>
> Please help and point me in the right direction to get the task done!
> And how much will it cost?

I haven't done this, but this article should get you started.

<http://www.crutchfield.com/Learn/learningcenter/home/camfootage.html>

Note also page 2 that explains about editing the footage on your computer.

But you might find the learning curve makes this too big a job for you.  :)

Best of luck, BillK