[ExI] needing help on a tech project

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 11:51:28 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a science fiction con founder/organizer friend who has asked me
to transcribe a couple dozen con panel DV camcorder recordings onto a
computer.  I am dumbfounded that he would ask me to volunteer for such
a task, but I do want to help him (he is not very tech savvy).

I would think we need to first convert the DV tapes into dvd or flash
format and then upload it into a computer, where the appropriate (and
hopefully not too expensive) software could first scan it and then do
a competent transcription.

Please help and point me in the right direction to get the task done!
And how much will it cost?

Thank you,

John