[ExI] Anons

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 22:24:12 UTC 2011

2011/2/12 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> In my view, often
> called minarcho-capitalist, he purpose of government is to support people in
> the creation of wealth.

The only legitimate purpose of the government in creating wealth are
the following:
1) Keep taxes as low as possible. i.e. don't steal money from those
who create wealth.
2) Make sure that there is no cheating, as in maintaining a court
system for dealing with bad contractual outcomes, and maintaining some
sort of intellectual property system.
3) Stay out of the way as much as possible
4) Make sure that one group does not rape the environment at the
expense of everyone else.
5) Keep the bad guys from raining on your parade.

This has a lot of relevance to the future. If the government steps in
and bans cloning and other controversial uses of DNA, our biological
future will be more limited than necessary.

One of the reasons, IMNSHO, that the Internet has been so successful
is that no government has found a very good way to regulate it very
much, other than North Korea, where I understand most people aren't
allowed to access it at all. That of course has it's own downside for
them.

-Kelly