[ExI] Treating Western diseases

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:51:41 UTC 2011

Experimental treatment with only anecdotes to attest to its usefulness.
Seen it before - a good number of them, it turns out that either that's not
what's doing it, or there's a more effective way to get at the specific
subcomponent that's causing the cure.  Either way, in the mean time a
lot of people hear partial details of this kind of thing and rush to cure
themselves, only to experience no or negative health effects as a result.

There's a reason the FDA requires certain studies before approving such
medicines.  Yes, they're long.  Yes, they're lengthy.  But they do a very
good (not perfect, but better than most of the world) job of making sure
the medicine is in fact doing what it promises to.  This lesson had
already been learned in the early twentieth century.

Which isn't to say there's nothing there.  Just, unless you know what
you're doing here enough that you'd be willing to put others' lives on the
line, don't touch it yourself either.