[ExI] watson again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 20 22:09:43 UTC 2011

During the Watson discussion I mentioned a technology we need: something to
convert text to talking head.  We already have pretty good text to speech
and speech recognition, but this video is an example of text to avatar.  A
civil engineer sent me the video, thinking it was hilarious.  City planners
actually do sound exactly like this, according to her:

http://vimeo.com/17784798

The point here is not to make fun of city planners (although that is
allowed) but rather to look at current state-of-the-art text to video.  With
speech recognition+Watson+Eliza(?)+text-to-video, we are most of the way
there to an artificial companion.