[ExI] Original list Was: Re: Call To Libertarians

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 01:02:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> contract that assigned their text through Creative Commons. I don't
> know what happened to content that was anonymous, or where the author
> failed to sign the agreement. They changed their user agreement around
> that time so that everyone by default was contributing through
> Creative Commons.

I thought that FSF published an update to the GFDL that allowed Wikimedia to
transfer over their content to a Creative Commons license? Presumably,
everyone making an edit to Wikipedia is assigning the copyright of their
original content to either the Free Software Foundation (per the GFDL) or to
Wikimedia, who would then be able to control whether or not to port it to a
Creative Commons license.

or am I horribly misinformed?

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/