[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:57:45 UTC 2011

On 19 February 2011 18:10, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> spike wrote:
> Factually inaccurate, I would say:
> Example 1:   Soviet Union (totalitarian) -> Boris  Yeltsin (short
> interregnum) -> Russia Under Putin (totalitarianism again).
> Example 2:   Iran under Shah (totalitarian) -> Revolution (short
> interregnum) -> Iran under the Mullahs (totalitarianism again).
> Example 3:   Iraq under Saddam Hussein (totalitarian) -> US Invasion Period
> (short interregnum) -> Iraq under Corrupt Shia Government with Rigged
> Elections (totalitarianism again, or heading fast in that direction).
> Example 4:   Germany under Hitler (totalitarian) -> 2nd World War (long
> interregnum during which GDR was totalitarian and West Germany was
> deomcratic) -> Eventually United Germany (Democracy).
>
> This is really not looking good for your bumper sticker.

I really object to a usage of the word "totalitarian" which simply
puts together a number of political regimes with little else in common
than one's possible dislike for them.

Moreover, technically, it would appear much more plausible to describe
Iran as an ayatollah regime than a mullah regime. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj