[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:48:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 07:32:22PM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Do you really think that the government can be involved in healthcare
> without grossly inflating costs?   With the government health programs

A rational person looks at the evidence, which is that goverrnment
involvement with health care reduces costs.  Half of US medical spending
is from the government,  which is covering the older and sicker part of
the population, at less overhead.  Overall the US spends the most on
health care, with among the shortest life expectanccies, even after
filtering out some of our disadvantaged groups.  The most socialized
medicine in Europe, Britian's NHS, is also the cheapest, spending less
than half per capita what the USA does.

-xx- Damien X-)