[ExI] Fwd: [chicago-reprap] well well, how is everyone?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:02:06 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Stoner <johnstoner2 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [chicago-reprap] well well, how is everyone?
To: chicago-reprap at googlegroups.com

I think on the software end this underlines the demand for an open source,
flexible 3D printing API, a set of building blocks on which you can make a
basic download-and-print tool for grandma, a more powerful design-and-print
fast-cycle prototyping system for designers, and a mass manufacturing tool
to drive many printing devices for mass manufacture of parts and Repowulf
operations. A lot of these different tools need the same code.

I have my attention elsewhere but if I won the lottery I'd hire a team to
build it.