[ExI] Call To Libertarians

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:14:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Darren Greer <darren.greer3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about... a system of
>> territorial morality, where the doctrine is "you do your
>> thing and I'll do mine and it's all OK as long as it
>> doesn't hurt anyone else."
>
> So how do you cope with a group of people who believe that, for instance, foetuses are people, and you are hurting someone else if you have an abortion?

The current system of distinct jurisdictions with their own laws would
seem adequate.  Know the laws in the jurisdiction, and act lawfully.
If the laws don't suit you, relocate to a jurisdiction where the laws
are a better fit for your values.

Best, Jeff Davis

      "There is only one basic human right, the right to
            do as you damn well please. And with it comes
                   the only basic human duty, the duty to take
                                 the consequences."
                                                       P.J. O'Rourke