[ExI] Joule currency (Re: Banking, corporations, and rights)

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 20:31:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Eric Messick <eric at m056832107.syzygy.com>wrote:

> I think we could scrap fractional reserve banking if we went to this
> scheme, and avoid the incentive to inflate the currency.

I think it's time we scrap money altogether.  I'm thinking more along the
lines of The Venus Project <http://www.thevenusproject.com/>.  A resource
based economy.  But that would require humanity to actual work together, and
short of a common enemy (threat to humanity as a WHOLE, undeniable,
unquestionable), that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

> The banks,
> of course, won't go for it.

All the more reason to do it.  I like the idea overall.  At least energy is
the currency, instead of some easily manipulated, valueless piece of paper.

> Is this something worth thinking about?

Absolutely.