[ExI] Joule currency (Re: Banking, corporations, and rights)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Feb 25 22:30:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 06:18:16PM -0000, Eric Messick wrote:

> I propose the Joule as the future unit of currency.

Currency isn't consumed in the process of payment.
A slightly different issue is with precious metals,
which are typically highly recyclable, but cause
environmental load and consume energy when mined.

But I *would* link currency to a diversified basket of
raw resources, such as PSE elements or just minerals.
The dangers would lie in twiddling the coefficients,
though. Anything manipulable eventually will be.