[ExI] Banking, corporations, and rights (Re: Serfdom and libertarian critiques)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:37:15 UTC 2011

On 25 February 2011 18:04, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess the real problem is understanding the alternatives. There just
> isn't enough physical gold to run the economy (unless gold were
> $1000000 an ounce or something... which would make the industrial use
> of gold prohibitive... which would have its own downsides)

That money, as a unity of measure, be created out of thin air is fine.
Kilometers are.

The prob is when such money is "lent" by a private central bank, for a
price, to the State which grants it the monopolistic power to do so,
and yet has to recover through taxes a total amount in capital and
interest which exceed the total money available in the system.

--
Stefano Vaj