[ExI] Serious topic

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 28 14:32:50 UTC 2011

David Lubkin wrote:
> And there's a lot of known energy, e.g., nuclear, coal, and natural gas,
> that can be readily tapped without much technical fuss.

I have to say that this kind of talk, in this context, makes my blood
boil with rage.  Plenty of natural gas, you say?

Just yesterday, some friends of mine a few miles away discovered that a
Pennsylvania Hydro-fracking corporation managed to persuade someone up
here, in New York State, to take their poisoned fracking water and DUMP
it in a local waterway.  Dump it, in exchange for money.

So while some people in this community talk about there being a big
untapped reserve of natural gas, my water - and the water of hundreds of
thousands of people in this region - is in imminent risk of being
poisoned.  Or is actually being poisoned, right now, as we debate this
issue.

This is not a time to be debating the niceties of Hubbert curves, or
talking about there being a lot of known energy.  It is a time for
emergency action to find alternative sources.

Richard Loosemore