[ExI] Serious topic

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Feb 28 14:54:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:32:50AM -0500, Richard Loosemore wrote:

> This is not a time to be debating the niceties of Hubbert curves, or
> talking about there being a lot of known energy.  It is a time for
> emergency action to find alternative sources.

He's entirely correct here, of course.</metoo>

In practice the last 45 years (at least, some few saw it
coming in 1930s, others in 1950s ) vividly demonstrate
our proactive problem solving behaviour. Which is... not so very good.

We definitely do not have another 45 years.

What are you doing about it?