[ExI] Meat v. Machine

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 1 18:13:01 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
>...Humans are irrelevant. At least when it comes to space. You want to go
places, you have to stop wearing the stupid man suit... Eugen

Excellent!  I think it is pretty much right.  We apes are waaaay too big,
and there is too much of our mass that isn't doing anything useful in space
travel, such as flab, skeletal heavy structure and most of our muscle mass.
This version works so much better than the commentary I made back in the 90s
that caused so many to be squicked, such as all long term space travelers
should have their legs removed.  Brains are great, genitals good, hands OK,
the rest of it, nah, not so much.

We might want to slightly modify Gene's version to "...we must take off the
stupid meat suits..."