[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Jan 2 09:50:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 03:12:36PM -0600, Damien Broderick wrote:
> On 1/1/2011 10:44 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>>> Why drag soul into this?  A perfect copy is not the original.
>>
>> A perfect copy is indistinguishable from the original.
>
> Except to the original, marched off to the dungeon.

AARGH. Once and for all, in two synchronized instances
either two of them are marched off (in lockstep, sharing
a single point of eyes), or none.

Why is it so difficult to understand synchronized systems?

EVERYTHING in two synchronized systems must be exactly
the same. No exceptions. Zero. None. Did everyone copy
that? Perfect copies are indistinguishable. If they were
they would be not perfect copies.

>> Location is not
>> a label encoded within the copy, orelse it would be distinguishable.
>> See, it's easy.
>
> It's always easy to answer the wrong question.

It is exactly the right question. Trust me, I'm clairvoyant.