[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jan 4 22:47:58 UTC 2011

On Behalf Of F. C. Moulton

The following is a list by the USA Dept. Vet. Affairs

 <http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmemb.asp> http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmemb.asp

Excellent Fred, thanks.

I propose we stop fighting those who insist cryonics is a religion, and just
say OK fine, it's a religion rather than an advanced medical technique, and
here is our logo:

It has the self-deprecating humor angle in there, even though the head in
the ice cube notion isn't quite accurate.  I don't know how to draw liquid
nitrogen.

Such a logo could be carved on a headstone, if one chooses to have one.

A cryonaut having a grave isn't as outlandish as it sounds: one may already
have a cemetery plot before one ever hears of cryonics, and the family may
wish to have it so.  Everyone can win here: head entrusted to Max's staff,
everything from the neck down goes into the ground, no problem, so long as
they don't insist on an open casket funeral (eewww).

Or actually they could still do an open casket for a cryonaut: have an
artist make up a ceramic likeness based on how you look now, which is great
compared to how you will look when your time comes, blunk that down on top
of your severed neck, be the centerpiece for your funeral, all while your
second favorite organ is safely preserved in the nitrogen dewar in Arizona.

Jeez I need to stop posting, I feel just too weird today.  I think it is
that time of year.