[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed Jan 5 02:04:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011, spike wrote:

> On Behalf Of F. C. Moulton
>
> The following is a list by the USA Dept. Vet. Affairs
>
>  <http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmemb.asp> http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmemb.asp
>
> Excellent Fred, thanks.

Yep. It would be much more interesting advert if it contained six faith
symbols. And probably more honest :-). Pity atheists are too busy to
include their own - it could have stood in the front, making nice triangle
in effect...

Unfortunately, as with any other marketing, gaining money is more
important than researching the truth. This is what such ads really are.

Just MHO.

> A cryonaut having a grave isn't as outlandish as it sounds: one may already
> have a cemetery plot before one ever hears of cryonics, and the family may
> wish to have it so.  Everyone can win here: head entrusted to Max's staff,
> everything from the neck down goes into the ground, no problem, so long as
> they don't insist on an open casket funeral (eewww).
>
> Or actually they could still do an open casket for a cryonaut: have an
> artist make up a ceramic likeness based on how you look now, which is great
> compared to how you will look when your time comes, blunk that down on top
> of your severed neck, be the centerpiece for your funeral, all while your
> second favorite organ is safely preserved in the nitrogen dewar in Arizona.

Not a bad idea. I can add to it - the artist should give a cryonaut any
head he or she would like. Yoda head, Darth Vader, Chewbacca... Why limit
ourselves? There are plenty of big people out there, ancient deities, etc
:-).

Regards,
Tomasz Rola