[ExI] intermittent liar

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 21:38:05 UTC 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 1:09 PM, spike wrote:

> Oh my, I found a most excellent puzzle today.  I found an answer, don’t know yet if it is right.  See what you find:
> .
> .
> .
> Larry always tells lies during months that begin with vowels but always tells the truth during the other months.  During one particular month, Larry makes these two statements:
>
> ·         I lied last month.
> ·         I will lie again six months from now.
>
> During what month did Larry make these statements?

Six months from the month after the vowel month is supposed to be another vowel month?  Not possible.  But two vowel months are  six months from another, April and October.    So I presume Larry is lying above.   The first statement would be a lie anytime the preceding month was a non-vowel month.  That he is lying constrains the current month to a vowel month.  Since he cannot be really lying in six months, October and April are eliminated leaving  August.

- samantha