[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 11:20:45 UTC 2011

2011/1/23 Darren Greer <darren.greer3 at gmail.com>

> There's obvious differences. The bias is not simply against gay sex but gay
> relationships in general. Many gay men and women view the emotional
> relationship to be under attack rather than just the sex. And many religious
> homophobes, as I stated in my original post, ignore other biblical
> strictures in favor of promoting, often with a viscous zeal, the gay one.

Mmhhh, This in fact has no real theological founding - at least for a
Catholic. In fact, perfectly chaste man-to-man love would be a *superior*,
more spiritual, form of love in the Platonic sense, given that it has
nothing to do with reproduction, sexuality and all those horrible "natural"
and beastly things.

In this respect, the diffidence for all kinds of pleasures which are not
strictly connected with, and limited to, what is required for reproduction
of the human society (scarce nutrition, frigid and embarassed monogamic
sex...) is being probably profited from by people who are in fact just
homophobe and do not share in the least the horror for sex as such.

> True. But he took it even further, going as far as to say that all human
> truth is a moral semblance. (Beyond Good and Evil) Not all monotheistic
> ethics need to be disregarded, just as I'm not sure Nietzsche's approach to
> ethics and morality is the best way to go either.

Sure. Nietzsche in fact admits that such leanings in ethical issues, such as
the taste for suffering and punishment, are just "natural" for some of us.

Personally, I just maintain that most of its tenets, even when presented in
an entirely secularised context, are really at odd with "deep
transhumanism"... ;)

--
Stefano Vaj