[ExI] Social right to have a living

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:40:45 UTC 2011

The sad thing is that so much Libertarian thought completely ignores the
good deeds of the federal government.  I recently read a story about a
Native American family in Nevada who got chased out of a gas station by
skinheads in a car, forced into an accident, and then beaten.  The skinheads
were friends with the cops and they didn't get in any trouble.  Of course,
this is wrong, so the FBI is investigating.

I guess it is easy to think everyone would play nice if we erased all the
rules, if you live in San Francisco or something and can't see the rest of
America over the mountains, but keep in mind that there are places all too
willing to slip back into Wild West chaos.  You don't have to support Big
Brother to support sensible infrastructure.