[ExI] seamless uploading

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Thu Jul 14 19:28:12 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 20:00, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> My mental models might be faulty, but I doubt it's due lack of data.
>
> Which developments do you see that help us achieve escape velocity?
> Let's compare notes.

Heh... Eugen, I have to say that I couldn't even begin to play that game -
whatever your models are, it's safe to say they're better than mine. I'm
just saying that there's a blizzard of convergent/emergent tech brewing, and
I wouldn't be surprised if at least one major paradigm shift catches us all
sleeping. That could either be a good or bad thing, or more likely both at
the same time.

Out of curiousity, perhaps I might turn the tables on you and ask where you
think we are most likely to drop the ball? What's the single biggest flavour
of missed opportunity you see on the horizon?

- A