[ExI] Brave New World?

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jul 15 03:06:16 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien
Broderick
Subject: Re: [ExI] Brave New World?

... There's a bully about to whale into a nerd; a gang of kids stands around
them, some yelling "Fight! Fight!" as the miserable bastard will. Then
another kid pulls out her cell, holds it high, and yells, "Sight! Sight!"
Other kids take up the digital record crusade. ....
Damien Broderick

It's being done already, and has likely cut short more than one criminal
career.  Here's a good example from your own continent:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/16/earlyshow/living/parenting/main200
43808.shtml

What surprised me is that the debate, with actual criticism of the kid doing
the body slam.  The only thing I can see he did wrong was fail to stomp the
bastard while he was down.