[ExI] the myth of the US "liberal media"

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:40:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 July 2011 02:34, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since they had rules, and
>> the East Germans broke those rules, they cheated. Simple. You didn't
>> address the main issue, being that it was communist propaganda.
>
> East-Germans have never been exempt from anti-doping tests, and those
> who resulted positive were disqualified. They simply have been
> actively searching ways to increase performances within what the rules
> did not (yet) forbid. Taking the risk, sure.

They were not within the rules. They were actively breaking the rules.
The fact that they were not caught does not mean they were not
breaking the rules, just that the enforcers of the rules weren't as
good as they were. That doesn't make it legal or ethical. Particularly
when these drugs had long term effects. Some of the East German
women's swimmers have had to have their sex changed to male, just to
get by. Some died. All this for the glory of communism... very sad.

Transhumanism needs to be done in a careful way, with fully informed
volunteers, not non-consensual guinea pigs. If we are to transcend
this mortal body, we don't want it done on the back of Joseph
Mengele... do we?

>> What's going on in Russia today is a very weird form of capitalism.
>
> Western-style capitalism may well be vanishing there, the Eltsin era
> has been over for a while. Which may be why the BRICs are believed to
> be the vanguard of the future... :-)

We'll meet up in the future and compare notes on this... :-)

-Kelly