[ExI] the myth of the US "liberal media"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:59:14 UTC 2011

On 17 July 2011 17:40, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> They were not within the rules. They were actively breaking the rules.
> The fact that they were not caught does not mean they were not
> breaking the rules, just that the enforcers of the rules weren't as
> good as they were. That doesn't make it legal or ethical. Particularly
> when these drugs had long term effects. Some of the East German
> women's swimmers have had to have their sex changed to male, just to
> get by. Some died. All this for the glory of communism... very sad.

I do not know if you have any actual examples in mind, but regarding
accepted practice in this respect I would contend that anything that
that is compliant with the standards (or not detected by the tests) in
place is "legal" by definition.

In motor racing there are frequent objections of such nature to
measures which losers maintain are against the "spirit" of existing
regulations, but until and unless those are changed, their adopters go
on winning the races.

Moreover, do you seriously propose that transexuals should not be
allowed to compete? Even though, in fact, I suspect that men becoming
women and competing with women have always had more of an edge than
women becoming men and competing with the latter, as you suggest...

> Transhumanism needs to be done in a careful way, with fully informed
> volunteers, not non-consensual guinea pigs. If we are to transcend
> this mortal body, we don't want it done on the back of Joseph
> Mengele... do we?

What makes you think that an East-German citizen was less than
enthusiastic for anything that could allow him or her to become an
Olympic medallist, especially in the framework of East-German society?
Given how keen the average western athlete is in spite of a punishing
and prohibitionist, rather than rewarding, system, I find western
propaganda on this point quite dubious indeed...

--
Stefano Vaj