[ExI] the myth of the US "liberal media"

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:45:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 July 2011 17:40, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not know if you have any actual examples in mind, but regarding
> accepted practice in this respect I would contend that anything that
> that is compliant with the standards (or not detected by the tests) in
> place is "legal" by definition.

So what you're saying is that if you sneak notes into a Physics final,
and don't get caught, then that's not cheating? I'm sorry, that
doesn't meet with my definition of ethical.

> In motor racing there are frequent objections of such nature to
> measures which losers maintain are against the "spirit" of existing
> regulations, but until and unless those are changed, their adopters go
> on winning the races.

Motor sports is a little different in that the rules authorize you to
experiment with your machine to a certain extent and within certain
parameters. Part of the point of motor sports is to push the science
of motor cars forward... always has been. You can make improvements to
your equipment, and next year everyone has the improved equipment.
That's the way the sport moves forward.

Same with the America's Cup sailing race...

Olympic sports sometimes have this, as in bobsled or shooting sports,
but generally there isn't all that much equipment involved other than
shoes and clothing. What are you going to do to improve a shot put?
:-)

> Moreover, do you seriously propose that transexuals should not be
> allowed to compete? Even though, in fact, I suspect that men becoming
> women and competing with women have always had more of an edge than
> women becoming men and competing with the latter, as you suggest...

You didn't get the point... This poor East German girl (a real,
specific girl, named Heidi Krieger) was treated with so many steroids
that she essentially became a man. Later, twenty years later, she
underwent surgery to complete her transformation to being a man. It
was the only way she could survive in a society that saw her as a man
because of her facial hair, adam's apple, and so forth. She didn't
choose to become a transexual, she was abused by the state sports
doctors, without her knowledge, and was turned into a man.

She suffered being called "gay" for many years... because she looked
like a cross dressing man.

While it is a COMPLETELY different topic, I do support transsexuals
being able to participate in sporting events, but only in ways that
are compatible with the rules... Men becoming women, and then
competing in strength sports seems a little bit like cheating to me...

>> Transhumanism needs to be done in a careful way, with fully informed
>> volunteers, not non-consensual guinea pigs. If we are to transcend
>> this mortal body, we don't want it done on the back of Joseph
>> Mengele... do we?
>
> What makes you think that an East-German citizen was less than
> enthusiastic for anything that could allow him or her to become an
> Olympic medallist, especially in the framework of East-German society?
> Given how keen the average western athlete is in spite of a punishing
> and prohibitionist, rather than rewarding, system, I find western
> propaganda on this point quite dubious indeed...

The interviews I saw were with the athletes themselves. They were
given no choice except to quit being an athlete. Yes, their lives did
benefit from participation in sports (except for the one young male
swimmer named Jorg Sievers who died) in a society where there were few
other ways "out" of the dreary East German existence. But they were
not informed about what they were being given. They were told the
injections were "vitamins"... but they were steroids. How funny that
they should have to stop taking their vitamins two weeks prior to the
competition... Were these naive kids? YES!!! Most of them were
teenagers at the time. They didn't know shit from shinola. And they've
been paying for it ever since.

Here is the story as I saw it on Secrets of the Dead:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/episodes/doping-for-gold-2/42/
Sorry, guys, it's a video...
Here is the transcript...
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/transcripts/doping-for-gold-program-transcript/95/

This is a shocking show IMHO. Shows what transhumanism in the hands of
a state looks like. That's why I am a proponent of freedom and consent
as we move forward improving the human animal. I don't want to be a
guinea pig for the state in pursuit of propaganda. You can't convince
me that what the GDR did to these poor kids wasn't pure evil.

-Kelly