[ExI] Human Enhancement & Life Extension: Alchemists of thefuture

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Jul 20 03:19:47 UTC 2011

 John Grigg wrote:

"I am fascinated that chemistry in part sprang from alchemy.  I personally
think that alchemy (which is today disparaged) and life extension have an
obvious connection, because the latter also does not get very much respect!
lol  But just as alchemy lead to real science and a changed world, so will
transhumanism be a light in the tunnel for humanity to know what is really
possible, regarding the transformative convergence technologies that are now
developing. "

Yup. Alchemy, as I understand it, split into two subfields: science and
mysticism.

But I am more interested in the links between the scientific value of
Alchemy to life extension in regards to morphology, perhaps - or
transformation.

Best,
Natasha