[ExI] Libertarianism wins again...

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:47:18 UTC 2011

Sorry I can't be as starry-eyed as some of you.  Government needs to be
there to do things that couldn't be paid for or organized otherwise.  Sorry
(again,) but it's true.  Countless infrastructural components of our daily
lives cannot simply tune into the wondrous libertarian free-market force,
because there is no cognizant demand for them. Everything that is a unitary
product, people can pay for.  Some things, like highways, will never be a
dollar at the local supermarket.  This is what taxes and tolls are for,
because most people living in a country are too unaware of the fact that
countless government-provided amenities that they use every day require
money to maintain.  If you're so concerned about the evils of current-day
government (which are very, very scary and apparent)--do something about it!
 Go make a new government somewhere!

Because I can guarantee your libertarian paradise will never exist.  Now,
more then ever, a benevolent controlling force is needed to make sure things
proceed in the right direction.  Do you not have the drive to become it?
 Because I will, if you don't.