[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:36:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> ###It's diagnostic of the imperfection of the communist vision that
> thinkers smart enough to work their way through the details feel
> forced on rely on divine (i.e. superhumanly smart and nearly
> omnipotent Minds) force to keep their clock ticking.

Rafal, It is clear to me that you and I have similar thinking about
some of these political issues, so I'm fishing for your views (and of
others) on what happens if and when going to work each day becomes
optional for most humans.

Our society is currently built off of the idea that the poor should be
supported by the rich. If in say 40 years, the richest among us are
all AGIs, and all humans are relatively impoverished (although
probably rich by today's standards) will the AGIs put up with
supporting us? I often reflect on the song lyric "We'll make great
pets" :-)

But what will being pets do to the human psyche? Do we need work to
feel fulfilled? Will we all just become artists? Or will we continue
to try and be economically viable, even though there is nothing we can
do vs. super intelligent beings?

Of course, this won't be a problem if we are enhanced to compete with
the super intelligent beings. I'm speaking more of the non-Ahmish and
non-enhanced (by choice) portion of humanity.

-Kelly