[ExI] homo sapiens as endangered species

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 22:36:23 UTC 2011

On 6/4/2011 4:31 PM, Anders Sandberg wrote:

> Such shielded sites might also be losing importance, since they are
> vulnerable to sufficiently targeted nukes if they are known and the
> nuclear threat is being downplayed anyway.

And yet I read in "Five Eye-Opening Facts About Our Bloated Post-9/11
'Defense' Spending"
JOSHUA HOLLAND - AlterNet :

<One line-item suggests that 9/11 has been used to justify greater
military spending across the board; the nuclear weapons budget has shot
up by more than a fifth after adjusting for inflation. How
intercontinental ballistic missiles that can vaporize whole cities are
useful in a 'war on terror” is anybody's guess.>

Damien Broderick