[ExI] Unsustainable was Re: Solar power makes UK people poorer

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 10:39:22 UTC 2011

Rafal, it is as simple as--one day, you wake up in a cell.  Now you are not
an individual.   You are a tiny fraction of a oneness, and as much as you
might deny it you are subject to its processes, and the inflow and outflow
of everything on your life is dictated by the complicated states of every
other part in the cell.

Now: you have woken up, and you have got to realize that there is a human
responsibility to maintain the Earth organism and prevent catastrophic
cascades of cellular damage...

On Jun 11, 2011 6:24 AM, "Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:37:16PM -0400, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM...
It is exactly what sustainability is about. Dumping particulates
and nutrients into the oceans wreaks havoc to the food web.
People underestimate the impact because few of them care about
looking at fishery data over 150 years, and talking to marine
ecologists.

> trivial meaning. Eutrophication is a present day harm to specific
Anyone of 7 gigamonkeys is a specific person.

> persons. Sustainability pertains to being able to continue a behavior
That's the definition.

> indefinitely. By this token, eutrophication is actually sustainable -
> you could go on harming b...
Sorry Rafal, I like you, and I hate to be blunt, but you're
out of your fucking mind.