[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:43:41 UTC 2011

2011/6/14 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
> I'm all in favor of privatization (done properly -- not the bastardized,
> fascistic style of government-controlled privatization such as we see in the
> US healthcare sector). Nevertheless, based on what I've seen, I agree with
> Damien S that social security is not in as bad shape as often portrayed,
> especially if you expect life spans to continue growing. Just push back by a
> few years the age for drawing limited and full benefits, and you can largely
> fix the problem.

Max, if you accept that life spans are going to increase, how does
that not make the social security problem worse? Payout money for more
years seems unalterably to lead to problems.

Pushing back the age at which you can get benefits is clearly
important to any solution, although those testosterone limited
legislators in Washington are unlikely to do even that until it is so
necessary that we're already in deep deep doo doo.

-Kelly