[ExI] The top secret military research programs we don't get to hear about (was: working memory implant! wow!)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jun 23 10:23:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:52:23PM -0400, Will Steinberg wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
>

> > The means to monitor all communication in the US has been in place for some
> > time now.
>

> Except for the kind I do with my mouth, to another person's ear, and the
> only middlemen are air particles!

That kind of communication is (so far) safe because it's not threatening
since it doesn't scale.

Also, you might want to check that you left your mobile phone at home
(or have removed the battery) and none of the public video cameras
have personally identified you by your biometrics. And that nobody
has bugged the environment/is not listening with a parabolic dish
microphone.

Most people would be scared shitless if they knew what a) is possible
today b) what is already being done c) what will be possible in near
future.