[ExI] Geert Wilders acquitted

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 04:10:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Un-PC and feeling hurt is actually a related but parallel subject.  Keith
> Henson and Geert Wilders both went on trial for what amounts to blasphemy.

Right.  Sorry I didn't put that together myself.

> Now that Wilders has been found innocent, Keith might become the very last
> person in the history of western civilization to actually serve a prison
> term for blasphemy.  I do recognize there are vast swaths of territory on

Sadly, I doubt it.  Passive surveillance is going to make it more
likely that the slightest misworded sentiment could be grounds for
imprisonment or complete identity destruction.  The former is imposed
by law, the latter is imposed by public opinion.