[ExI] Rights (Was: Geert Wilders acquitted)

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jun 25 17:58:36 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc

>... whilst being careful not to fall into the same trap as the IEET, and
proposing to grant human-level rights to subhumans.

>...Although, the whole issue may be moot anyway, as rights are pretty
meaningless unless someone is able and willing to assert them...Ben Zaiboc

This worries me.  We seem to have set up a situation in which respect is
gained by willingness to kill for it. Does anyone here ever worry about the
consequences of blaspheming Presbyterians?  Why?   How about Amish?
Methodists?  Because we know damn well they won't hurt us, which immediately
makes them the Rodney Dangerfield of religions.  They get no respect.  We
find ourselves a system analogous to a prison: respect results from a
willingness to murder.