[ExI] Scanners live in vain

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 06:59:00 UTC 2011

On 3/1/2011 12:40 AM, BillK wrote:

> I think you need a voltage converter.
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_converter>
>
> Then rewire the plug on your AC adaptor (or use an adapter plug) so
> you can plug into the voltage converter, which in turn plugs into the
> mains.

I don't have the Oz adapter. I am hoping to find a USian one that sends
thru the correct current (whatever it is--the guy at Canon told me
rather unconvincingly "The Power Requirements for the Canoscan D646Uex
are 120V AC, 60Hz." which I assume is close to what comes out of the
wall and wouldn't *need* an adapter), and has the right jack. Might not
be easy to find; the ones I've tried haven't fitted into the damned machine.

Yeah, I'll probably just buy a new scanner.

Meanwhile, there's this old chunky Zip 100 drive where I've solved the
power supply problem but now Vista doesn't want to provide a letter or
icon for me to click to activate the bastard. Bop it!

Damien Broderick