[ExI] Serfdom and libertarian critiques (Was: Call to Libertarians)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:32:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Kelly Anderson  wrote:
> Bill, I'm not sure that's communist exactly. Totalitarian, possibly.
> But London is the most camera heavy city in the world (by my
> understanding) so big brother is watching anyway.

You are correct. Totalitarian is a better word.
But I am not using it to describe London as it is at present.

I am using it to describe Rafal's ideal Libertarian society where an
individual has to pay for everything they do.

As Rafal said:
"When you want things to actually work, the
economics narrative (price, supply, demand, incentive) always beats
the political narrative (Conservative scum, good Liberals)".

You want to use my road? - Pay up.

You want to inconvenience me by stopping my car so you can cross the
road? - Pay up.

Etc. ad infinitum.

So you have to track every member of society to see what chargeable
services they are using and send them a monthly bill. Is that really
the Libertarian society you want?

BillK