[ExI] Remembering 2000-04-01

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Tue Mar 22 01:50:18 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 05:47 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
> But Ray thinks we can do neat, and even good stuff with stuff like AI
> and nanotech while Bill thinks it will be the end of us (or that's
> what he thought the last time I was up on his thinking).
>
> They might both be right.

Since April 1 is fast approaching it might be worth remembering the
2000-04-01 event where Bill Joy, Ray Kurzweil and others discussed these
issues.  There are links to the audio at:
http://www.newsociety6e.nelson.com/student/lecture_hall.html
and at one time there was video online but the URL is no longer is
working.  I expect that with a bit more google work it can be found.  I
think that at one time Foresight had a copy of the video.

Fred