[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 90, Issue 29

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:57:14 UTC 2011

On 23 March 2011 19:28, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/23 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> > Moreover, since it would be a "just-once" project, as far as rational
> > choices are concerned, one could reasonably compare the costs and damages
> > expectedly arising from its employment with those of *not* doing it.
>
> If it's just once, how does it take less resources to develop nuclear
> rockets - if this is the only thing they'll ever be used for - instead of
> simply building a few more chemical rockets?

"Develop"? In my understanding, the technology was already more or less
there in the sixties. The fuel is already stocked in strategic arsenals, and
has already been paid for. And by no means you are easily taking thousands
of tons out of the earth gravity wells with chemical rockets...

--
Stefano Vaj