[ExI] pale diet again: RE: It's not only the fittest who survive.

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:41:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> In modern times, our processed foods are very high fat, and they are
> appealing (think McDonalds happy meals.)  An intended (and profitable)
> consequence is that modern people devour high fat foods in absurd
> quantities, resulting in their getting flabby.

Not all processed/fast food is high fat, but it's almost all high
carb. I think that's the real source of the obesity and diabetes
"epidemics".

> My theory is that for optimum results, instead of eating low fat foods in
> high quantities, dieters should eat high fat foods in low quantities.

Dieters will have to be a little careful not to overeat on a low carb
diet, but non-dieters generally don't.

> I am no expert, but I think this may be similar to the thinking of the paleo
> diet crowd.

It's pretty close, but paleo/primal eaters are usually careful to
consume the right kinds of fats--no trans fats and no high-omega 6
seed oils.

-Dave