[ExI] rebuilding a saturn v today

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:49:25 UTC 2011

Spike wrote:
I think it is safe to say most people no longer look to space as the final
frontier.  We now set our sights on inner space, cyber space and thought
space.  Ultimately I think interplanetary space will be the future abode of
our mind children, but not humans in our current form.  We take up too much
space and have too much material hanging all over us which doesn't do much
of anything useful.

"Oh ye of little faith..."  ; )  I think we are just in a holding pattern
until we develop the mature materials technology necessary to build a space
elevator.  And then we can get a pound of something into space for $50
dollars, instead of $100,000 dollars!  The era of space industralization and
colonization will finally be upon us!  And Spike can finally stop moping...
heehee

John