[ExI] rebuilding a saturn v today

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Wed Mar 30 15:05:14 UTC 2011

Extropians,

For me, the ‘holding pattern’ is simply priority based.  We’ve got to do
first things first.  Way more important than anything, right now, is to
escape the mortal walls that are our skulls – as in artificial
consciousness, uploading, effing, and all that.  Discovering and getting a
handle on consciousness will solve almost every problem we are facing,
including stupidity, animalistic irrational war causing urges and fears,
primitive destructive beliefs about what we are, failure to really
communicate, disease, global warming, energy, aging….

Having platform independent and effingly merged minds will obviously make
space travel trivially easy in comparison.  What we needed a Saturn V for to
get us to the moon will become a real joke, and will be seen as a huge waste
and miss prioritization, when parts of all of us can easily embody
artificial entities, temporarily, on the moon and beyond, as everything out
there finally starts to spiritually wake up and effingly communicate.

Brent Allsop