[ExI] paleo immune system: was RE: buttload

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 5 15:14:23 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of spike

>...At a dinner gathering, it's fun to make comments such as "Currency is
filthy, revolting, germ laden material, so clearly this is why god gave us
such wonderfully competent immune systems, that we may retain our health
while handling so much money."  spike

With the discussion of paleo diets, we should recognize that mankind has
experienced a jarring change in our environment as well.  Compared to how we
evolved, our environments are suddenly very squeaky clean.  Our immune
systems suddenly have very little to do.  Perhaps we need to intentionally
introduce a small but reasonable level of germs and filth, just to remind
our immune systems they still have a job.  We don't want them getting lazy
and out of practice.  We can think of filth as comfort food for the
leucocytes.  A good way to accomplish this would be handling currency.  Do
let's have a gathering at a local restaurant, devour sushi and pass money
around the table the whole time.  Onlookers will be so puzzled.